Collection, storage and use
2. No need to disclose personal information The Site can be viewed and its web feeds can be subscribed to without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
3. Your disclosure of personal information However, you may choose to disclose personal information when adding material to the Site. Such information will be viewable by Site administrators, certain Department of Internal Affairs (“DIA”) staff and contractors (including third parties who provide administration and/or improvement services in relation to the Site (“Third Party Contractors”)) and, if published, members of the public. Please do not post or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature.
4. Holding of information Personal information that you provide will be held by DIA, and may be shared with, and held by, Third Party Contractors to the extent necessary for those parties to provide administration and/or improvement services in relation to the Site. Email addresses provided when commenting in the discussion forum or other areas of the Site or when emailing feedback directly to DIA are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we will not publicise the names or email addresses of individuals who provide feedback to us without their consent.
5. Use of personal information We will only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of administering, evaluating and improving the Site, improving our services and communicating with you.
6. Feedback Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the Site. If you provide feedback on the Site directly to DIA via the supplied email address, that feedback will be sent to appropriate DIA staff. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within DIA who administer, have contributed content to, or are otherwise interested in, the Site. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
Statistical information and cookies
7. Statistical information collected We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the Site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on our Site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this Site;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, Mac OS X);
- the type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
8. Use of statistical information The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by Site administrators and certain other DIA staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
9. Cookies This Site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring Site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view this Site without affecting your ability to use the Site.
How to contact us
If you would like to know more about how we collect, record, store and use any personally identifiable information you provide to us, please get in touch:
Phone: 06 759 1360
Address: 118 Devon Street West