Ladies, Wine & a bit of Design
We sponsored the latest Ladies, Wine & a bit of Design event for New Plymouth which was held next door to our boutique at The Public Catering Company. It is a bi-monthly conversation series for women held in different cities around the world originally started by New York Creative Director Jessica Walsh. Our Online Manager Greer is one of the leaders for the New Plymouth chapter and with Et Vous' mission statement: Inspiring confidence, contentment and self-assurance we felt this events topic "Not just a pretty face" about branding and identity was a great event to get behind for local ladies. The speakers were Michelle Maitangi who has Dollface Alterations, The Pink Room and previously Hungry For Balance about her weight loss journey. The second speaker was Ellen Varoy who is Head of marketing for IVHQ, this organisation has supported over 80,000 travels with volunteering around the world. The third speaker is the influencer sensation Annalee Muggeride who is the face behind Makeup By Annalee.
Some of the helpful tips we got from the evening were:
- Be authentic with your content. Don't try to be someone you aren't, that goes for individuals and big corporations.
- It is good to show personal aspects on social media but make sure it is relevant to your business.
- Spend your time growing different digital platforms rather then just focusing on one (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, website etc). With the fast pace and changing digital world you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket.
- Take comments on social media with a grain of salt whether they are good or bad. But make sure to respond to negative reviews promptly.
- Collaborations can be really helpful to getting a new brand/product noticed.
- Try to keep up to date with new trends and developments in the marketing world.
- Work hard and be consistent, but it is also important to have a work/life balance.
- Do what you love!
Event sponsors: Et Vous (Wine), The Public Catering Company (Canapés and Venue) and Strategy Collective (Photography), Petal Pushers (Flowers)
Event Organisers: Greer Garner and Laura Crombie